Director of Product Development, Systems
The Director of Product Development (Systems) supports complex product development projects. This position manages multiple activities including planning, costing, engineering, prototyping, testing and commercialization.
As Director of Product Development, you have an unbridled passion for gaming, the Razer brand, and Razer laptop. You have a proven record of bringing exciting gaming systems to market from concept to launch. If you love to take the competition head-on; you enjoy collaborating with the best; you enjoy building and leading teams; and you want to build the ultimate gaming systems, then this job is for you.
- Deliver product on time, on price, and with the features needed to succeed.
- Develop long-term strategy for the product category.
- Work closely with third parties, vendors, licensors to deploy and support product.
- Assist in the development of prototypes and tooling methods to verify the functionality of product designs.
- Review prototypes and tooling methods to verify and implement the functionality of product designs.
- Optimize product performance and develop unique Intellectual Property.
- Evaluate materials, forms and ingredients used to develop an interim or finished product.
- Coordinate product enhancements.
- Communicate to appropriate departments any possible production risks, product integrity issues and regulatory risks.
- Create and pitch product concepts and business cases.
- Travel as needed – up to 20% of the time (domestic and/or international).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product development, and 5 years of experience developing consumer notebooks, laptops, and/or desktops.
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience.
- Able to manage product from creation to launch.
- Experience working with engineering teams.
- Experience in primary customer research.
- Advanced problem-solving skills, must demonstrate analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work effectively within and across teams as well as with individuals of all levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and multi-entity environment.