Community Event Specialist
The Community Event Specialist is responsible for driving digital events (such as RazerStore Live and RazerCon) and live-stream events that drive community engagement and increase Razer’s overall brand awareness and visibility.
This role may be required to work evenings, weekends, and odd hours to ensure execution of a successful event.
- Coordinate with internal marketing teams globally to develop and execute digital events – which include program/content planning, project, vendors and budget management.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive strong attendance, viewership and engagement for Razer’s digital / live streaming events.
- Coordinate any internal setups to produce live-stream content, which includes the creation of live-streaming visual assets.
- Manage the digital events and live-streaming calendar closely with the social media team.
- Monitor and analyze event results and optimize Razer-branded online events and live-streaming channels to drive impactful results.
- Scout for and review potential partnerships (influencers, speakers and sales/sponsorship opportunities), complementary to digital events.
- Ensure that digital events and live-streaming campaigns and results meet objectives and budget.
- Be the Razer community ambassador that engages with fans both on online and offline (such as at events and trade-shows) platforms.
- Travel as needed up to 15% of the time, domestic and/or international.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Digital Media or PR from competitive college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of experience in events management (both online and offline) for a brand, or production agency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, phpBB, HTML5 and CSS.
- Strong understanding of digital events and the live streaming landscape (brand-level and/or personalities).
- Experience in using live-streaming and video editing software (such as Premiere Pro, OBS, XSplit).
- Comfortable presenting on camera and in front of live audiences.
- Understanding of social media and livestreaming best practices, online marketing, and engagement techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, focusing on generating business results.
- Ability to work with global teams across multiple cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple activities at the same time
- Gamer and gaming knowledge is required.
Razer™ is the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming and esports communities.
With a fan base that spans every continent, the company has designed and built the world’s largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software and services.
Razer’s award-winning hardware includes high-performance gaming peripherals and Blade gaming laptops.
Razer’s software platform, with over 100 million users, includes Razer Synapse (an Internet of Things platform), Razer Chroma RGB (a proprietary RGB lighting technology system), and Razer Cortex (a game optimizer and launcher).
In services, Razer Gold is one of the world’s largest virtual credit services for gamers, and Razer Fintech is one of the largest offline-to-online digital payment networks in SE Asia.
Founded in 2005 and dual-headquartered in Irvine (California) and Singapore, Razer has 16 offices worldwide and is recognized as the leading brand for gamers in the USA, Europe and China. Razer is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Stock Code: 1337).