(Closed) Category Manager
Razer.com aims to be the world’s leading destination store for gamers. As our business is constantly growing to meet the needs of gamers globally, we are looking for an experienced category merchandising leader to join our team and fulfil the needs of our online shoppers.
As the Razer.com category merchandising manager, you will be the driving force behind our online retail category growth through a thorough understanding of your category products, the shopper needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for Razer.com.
The gamer is at the center of every decision we make. As part of the online merchandising team you are in a unique position to see beyond trends to identify what’s next and deliver the right products, in the right places at the right time and price in our direct to customer (D2C) channels.
- Take full ownership of the category, in order to drive sales growth and profit in the consumer electronics category.
- Drive brand experiences online to grow awareness and consideration to achieve set business metrics, including customer loyalty and mindshare.
- Defining & evaluating the assortment and merchandising strategy for the category.
- Creating commercially relevant assortment packages for different parts of Razer.com.
- Establishing guidelines, frameworks, tools for the relevant market clusters.
- Identify customers’ behaviours and needs through research and analysis in your category.
- Empower and collaborate with Product Marketing teams and eCommerce specialists to strategize and implement shopper marketing programs with control measures for category improvement.
- Analyse, understand and share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base for category growth.
- Be a trusted advisor to the product planning team to drive monthly sales forecasting & P&L growth.
- Mentor other category managers and grow with a team that pursues excellence.
Who you are:
- User focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- An eye for details and respect towards craftsmanship.
- A change agent and championship team leader who believes that we win when we help all teams in Razer succeed.
- Data driven. Base your decisions on facts and evidence rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dives into a project to achieve success by problem solving and prioritising.
- Eager to learn and aware that valuable information can come from both positive and negative results through experimentation.
- Passionate about brand category management and constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Open minded team player with excellent communication and listening skills.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated and results driven with a take charge attitude to manage the various category growth programs throughout the year.
- Inspire excellence through grit and working smart. Share the credit and learnings with all teams.
- 7-9 years of experience in consumer brand category management or B2C eCommerce category management or brand merchandising with strategic and planning responsibilities.
- Relevant experience in cult brands in the Consumer Electronics and Sports industry
- Understanding the principles of good strategic and tactical planning and the importance of control measures.
- Knowledge and experience in conversion optimisation, digital marketing, UX design and consumer research.
- Proven track record in driving growth for a category and brand.