Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit our website, Facebook, and Twitter.
As a Tools Engineer at Raven Software you will be empowering the development teams to deliver a world class gaming experience. By providing them with new and improved tools, you will be maximizing their iteration times and productivity. You will be responsible for delivery of those tools to the development teams. You will utilize several technologies in the development of our tools, including C/C++, C#, Python, WPF, WinForms, and Qt. You will work with the Tools Lead and content creators to design and iterate on the tools & pipelines used to develop our titles.
Qualified candidates need to be agile and self-starters. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop, modify, debug, and optimize existing tools
- Gather requirements from content creators and stakeholders
- Architect and develop new tools used in asset creation, management, and conversion
- Co-develop and collaborate with other Activision studios
- Document software and features for internal and external teams
- Participate in the code review process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineer, or Math related field
- Strong background in C/C++
- Experience with C#
- Understanding of the fundamentals of 3D math
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internally and externally developed code
- Team motivated, with a good work ethic and desire to keep improving
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for games and tools development
- Proficiency using Python, Perl, or other scripting languages
- Strong background in 3D math
- Knowledge of revision control systems & branching schemes; Perforce, Git, etc.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.