Technical Rigging Animator
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit our website or social media.
As a Technical Rigging Animator, you will work alongside and support the Animation Team creating character, vehicle, weapon rigs and tools needed to support a creative and efficient production pipeline.
You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment, with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and a deep passion for videogames. Experience in first-person shooter (FPS) games and knowledge of the Call of Duty games is a huge plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to work and be part of a highly talented team of proven developers who are passionate about making games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Create and implementing efficient character/weapon/vehicle/prop rigs for the project
- Work close with Animators, taking feedback on rigs and identifying areas to improve the creation of animation content.
- Help develop and maintain character facial rigs to support the facial animation pipeline
- Cooperating and working closely with the modeling and assets teams
- Working with MEL/Python scripts to automate the character animation process
- Computer Programming/Scripting experience (e.g. C#, C++, MEL, Python, Etc.)
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or one to two years related experience and/or training
- Experience developing rigs for Max, Maya, and/or MotionBuilder
- Excellent understanding of skin weight painting and skin deformation
- Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
- Familiarity of Game Engine requirements and rig parameters for Game Engines
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines and departments
- Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, receiving and responding to feedback
- Familiarity of both key framed and motion capture pipelines
- Knowledge of Houdini, including rigid bodies, soft bodies and clothing simulation is desirable
- Absolute passion for playing and making the industry’s best videogames
- Strong reel demonstrating good range of rigs
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.