Studio Rendering Engineer
As a Studio Rendering Engineer you will be optimizing, enhancing, and developing new rendering systems on top of the foundation of Call of Duty’s AAA engine technology. This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team that defines and shapes our graphics technology and puts our upcoming Call of Duty titles on the visual cutting-edge.
You will be developing the graphics systems for our shipping products as well as improving the workflows of our development team. You will need to be proficient in writing efficient and clean C/C++ code. Qualified candidates will need to have a background in graphics engine development and related subsystems. This includes a fluency with modern graphics techniques, GPUs, graphics APIs, shaders, multi-threading, memory management, performance, and optimizations.
- Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug rendering pipeline and engine systems
- Deploy, evaluate performance and test software on all supported platforms
- Collaboration and co-development with other engineering teams
- Contributing to department best practices and guidelines
- Communicate features and development with production, engineering, design and art teams
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
- Mentorship and training of other engineers and tech artists
- Contribute to design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- 7+ years of experience working with Computer Graphics and/or other related technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of CPU, GPU and memory architectures
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, Cg or GLSL
- Fluent in a modern 3D graphics API (OpenGL, Vulkan, D3D11, D3D12, or console equivalent)
- Familiarity using modern GPU/CPU performance analysis tools
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong background in C/C++
- Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Good communicator that enjoys collaboration with other engineers, artists and designers
- Passion for code and data optimization
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Master’s degree in a graphics-related field
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded renderers
- Experience with PS4 GNM, Direct3D 12 and/or Vulkan APIs
- Familiarity with Physically-Based Rendering/Lighting
- Experience writing Compute shaders
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
About Raven Software
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players.
As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.