Live Operations Director
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
As our Live Operations Director, you will lead the maintenance and growth of live services before and after they launch. This will include release closer-out, localization, issue tracking, and coordination of the launch of live events. You will lead a multi-faceted team that are capable of analysis, development, and integration with live services running worldwide.
- Manage Day-To-Day Live Services for Call of Duty Warzone including:
- Release close-out and submission.
- Issue tracking, communication, and escalation
- Coordinate live events and release deployment
- Internal playtesting
- Game health analysis (memory, performance, space footprint)
- Operational engineering management
- QA team management, resourcing, and communication
- Live ops telemetry analysis and detection
- Coordinate with our corporate and development partners
- Work with our analytics team to track KPIs and define analyses; support studio management with analyses that guides regular strategic planning efforts and decision-making.
- Build strong partnerships within our studio and externally with our development studio partners.
- Embody the “player” view internally, driving a fan-first viewpoint across the org, with studios and in post-launch engagement.
- 4+ years of project management experience, preferably from top companies in gaming (console, PC, or mobile); entertainment; technology; or consumer products.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution, specifically post launch/live services experience in gaming preferred. (console, PC, or mobile)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or similar (or equivalent work experience).
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a history of supporting data informed decisions.
- Successful track record working closely with development studios to deliver world-class products and experiences to players.
- Strong verbal and communication skills with the ability to solve problems and drive results with cross-functional teams.
- Strong passion for gaming and the industry.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task with demonstrated performance of managing multiple products/projects at once.
- Profound understanding of the Call of Duty franchise and Warzone.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the FPS games space.
- Prior experience working on a AAA first-person shooter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.