Lead UX Designer
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our o0000000000000000000wn mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.ravensoftware.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ravensoftware, and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
The Lead UI/UX Designer role requires outstanding technical knowledge of the processes and tools for designing and creating in-game UI design and art, experience directing and coordinating with others in the creation of all types of UI/UX deliverables.
You will be responsible for the execution of user experience design, flow, from wireframe concepts or prototypes, to implementation of concepts and asset creation for engineering—using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, InDesign, and/or After Effects. Experience in additional UI/UX prototyping tools or platforms is a bonus.
This role will report to the UI Director, and will be expected to lead a group of UI/UX designers and artists, collaborating with other leads, engineers and gameplay designers to create systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI related artwork.
The ideal candidate is expected to have proven experience within a similar role (with supporting portfolio that exemplifies your work), be an exceptionally creative problem solver, a good communicator, positive team member and one who always shows high levels of enthusiasm and talent for creating games with an intuitive UI for the user.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead UI/UX design development across projects and features
- Drive design processes within the department, and in coordination with external stakeholders
- Work with other leads, designers, departments, and collaborating studios, to organize and define functionality, design specifications and technical requirements.
- Develop, drive, and communicate the vision for UI/UX concepts within the team and across the organization
- Create & Implement UX design and UI art within defined look & feel.
- Develop, direct, and iterate on design concepts based on feedback.
- Provide direction and feedback on art and design work in a constructive manner.
- Use in-house tools as appropriate and guide improvement of the team’s pipelines and toolset.
- Work within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
- Balance, organize, and prioritize tasks for one’s own work, and the team, to meet deadlines.
- Specialized training in graphic and interactive design from a 4 year program or equivalent level of UI design experience required.
- Five to seven years of professional experience designing for games and/or interactive media.
- Experience managing, leading, or directing other designers and artists
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.