Lead Facial Animator
Lead Facial Animator
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision.
As a Lead Facial Animator, you will be responsible for leading a team in creating highly realistic facial animations, working alongside the Motion Capture Team and core departments to establish, maintaining, and drive the facial animation quality as we move into the next generation for both in-game and game development cinematics.
You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, good visual aesthetic, and with a deep passion for playing videogames. Experience in first-person shooter (FPS) games and extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games is essential to this role.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Lead the Facial Animation Development team in creating the next generation in high quality facial animations
- Work with the Motion Capture and Performance Direction Team to drive the facial capture process
- Collaborate with character and rigging departments to help develop facial and head design guidelines and rigs that meet the development expectations
- Work with the core department to help create and evaluate new tools that would expedite the facial animation process
- Stay informed about the latest facial process developments, technology and techniques that will continue to push the bar
- Mentor and develop entry level animators to ensure consistency and quality are met
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and/or seven plus years related experience and/or training in AAA video games or film or equivalent
- Highly skilled in all areas of 3D animation principals and techniques
- Good knowledge and understanding in human facial anatomy
- In-depth knowledge of FACS, Blend Shapes and basic rigging methodologies.
- Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
- Experience with facial motion capture and directing process – Faceware preferred
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines and departments
- Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, giving and receiving feedback
- Absolute passion for playing and making the industry’s best videogames
- Strong reel demonstrating excellent examples of facial animation and motion capture.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.