Lead Dev Support Engineer
As our Lead Dev Support Engineer you will manage the team that is responsible for assisting our developers with technical problems encountered using our tools and running our titles. You will play a leading role in empowering our engineering and content teams, enabling them to deliver a world class gaming experience.
In some cases, you can directly solve problems, and in others you can connect the right developers to resolve issues. By surveying our automated testing and continuous integration tools, you can prevent or minimize downtime by making developers aware of new breakage. You will help investigate crashes and errors in both the development and live environments.
You will play a role in helping new hires learn how the tools and pipeline work. Also, you will identify areas where improvements can be made and promote change to make development more efficient. You will be on the front lines of ensuring our studio is operating and functioning at its peak capacity!
A qualified candidate needs to be a leader who is agile and a self-starter. This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with some of the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities
- Leading a team of Dev Support Engineers
- Mentorship, scheduling, and performance reviews of reports
- Participate in the code review process
- Interviewing and hiring
- Assist developers with issues they encounter while performing their work
- Search out and identify the underlying issues for developers
- Spend time solving small to mid-size issues
- Monitor our continuous integration and chase down breakage highlighted by automated testing
- Investigate crashes and errors from dumps and logs
- Train new hires on tools and pipelines
- Suggest ways to improve our efficiency
- Contribute and improve internal documentation on tools and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills, service-oriented attitude
- Proven aptitude in project management
- Experience managing a team of 3+ engineers
- Ability to learn on the job and adapt to new challenges quickly
- Experience writing and debugging software in C/C++ and C#
- Background with source control software (Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, focused, passionate
- Growth oriented and desire to keep improving
- Team motivated
- Passion for games
- Game development background
- Customer service experience
About Raven Software
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.