Animator - Xbox Studios
Rare is a one-of-a-kind game studio where we create the kind of games the world doesn't have, games that are uniquely Rare! Working here offers opportunities unlike anywhere else. You'll be providing players with unforgettable shared experiences in games loved by millions worldwide. Our pirate adventure Sea of Thieves, launched in 2018, is still going strong – and alongside that we're busy creating our next magical world, Everwild, announced in 2019 to a global audience.We strive to make Rare an amazing place to work, embracing a culture of respect and building a supportive environment for our developers. Our custom-built Twycross studio is situated in the beautiful English countryside, surrounded by woodland and wildlife, with plenty of room for us to grow. Studio benefits are catered to making life easier for staff, including flexible working, a bonus scheme, an industry-leading pension package, private healthcare, mental health initiatives and free events for employees and their families.
By joining Rare, you'll be joining one of the finest studios in the industry with support from the wider Xbox Game Studios network. We're always on the lookout for exceptional people who can bring their expertise and unique thinking to help make our team even stronger!
At Rare we’re passionate about building the best teams to build the best games. We’re looking for a Senior Animator to join our team and help us deliver on this promise, helping to inject the Rare spirit into the next generation of animation for our games.
As a Senior Animator you will be an expert in your field with a knowledge of both the artistic and technical aspects of the job, and the experience and passion to back it up. Reporting to the Lead Animator, you will contribute on all matters relating to Animation, helping to drive the quality and efficiency of the team, and projects going forward.
- Create outstanding animations that helps set a high-quality bar for the team.
- Contribute to prototyping, documentation, and helping to specify, test, and drive to quality tools created by the Technical Art and Engineering teams.
- Keep abreast of new trends and new technologies in the industry and how they could be applied to improve the output of the animation in the future.
- Working in Engine using Sequencer to create sequences and maintain them
- Assist with quality control over outsourced artwork.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development and an understanding of animation packages such as Autodesk Maya
- Experience with cutting-edge techniques and technology related to animation and a strong desire to stay ahead of the game
- Able to proactively self-organise and prioritise work
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A strong portfolio demonstrating animation styles and skills relevant to our projects
- Have shipped 1+AAA Console/PC titles as an Animator
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism
- Proactive, organised, able to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Creative and passionate approach to solving problems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away