(Closed) Lead Concept Artist (SF / Remote)
We believe that VR and AR will become the dominant computing platform in the next decade so we're building Zenith, the first massively multiplayer online roleplaying game to be cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Zenith is a VR MMORPG that’s inspired by our favorite JRPGs and animes. We’re working with a small team of crazy talented artists to bring it to life and now we’re looking to add a versatile Lead Concept Artist to shape the direction of our world.
As Lead Concept Artist you will work closely with all departments to create memorable characters, unique environments, compelling weapons, and props.
Get ready to use your artistic expertise to create iconic game assets with color, shape, atmosphere, and composition.
Backed by Y Combinator, Twitch's COO, and a successful $280,000 Kickstarter, we’re building the next generation of virtual reality gaming.
This is a full time role, which includes health insurance, equity in our company, a steady paycheck, and a variety of other gaming related perks :)
Our perfect match. (We have a feeling it could be you!)
Is an amazing generalist -- they can provide both art direction and feedback, as well concept art.
Quickly creates AAA quality concepts, art and a variety of other 2D assets.
Wears many artistic hats and provides insightful feedback to ensure that art production steadily progresses in the correct direction.
Relishes operating with a large amount independence. The prospect of defining their own goals and making this project excites them.
- Provide clear, concise, consistent, and timely feedback and help guide the art department to certain victory.
- Create production drawings (turnarounds, layouts, ¾ views) for characters, creatures, environments, and weapons.
- Assemble animation poses and references so that animators can build the perfect animation set for your characters.
- Render illustrations and mood pieces for marketing purposes.
- 2+ years of game development experience
- Shipped at least one published AAA or indie title.
- A portfolio that demonstrates stylized concept art, and craftsmanship.
- You are a great communicator who can convey feedback visually as well as verbally.
- Real, demonstrable passion for videogames and VR.
- Texture painting
- Experience using engines, like Unity.
- You want to work at a startup gaming company and are interested in building out and adapting to new processes.
- Experience previously working with an all-remote team
- Anime nerds, sci-fi buffs, game freaks, and fantasy geeks welcome!
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.