We’re looking for an experienced Gameplay Engineer to work directly with the founders to create the next reality together. This is a 6 month contract with room to grow. This is a fully remote job.
You could be the one if...
You are very fast at prototyping features, but understand enough about software architecture to scale to production level code. You love to solve complex, and shifting problem sets as the company grows.
You have a thirst to learn extremely quickly, and be ready to wear a lot of engineering hats.
You possess a borderline irrational love of games. This is not just a job -- you are on a mission to create a believable world for millions to live inside.
Our goal is no less than creating the most immersive MMORPG experience ever created. We’re looking for engineers that are passionate about world-building, problem solving, and creating incredibly memorable gaming experiences for our players.
- Architect, prototype, and build networked gameplay loops and systems on client and server.
- Optimize client side performance to hit mobile performance budgets.
- Implement VFX, SFX, lighting, environment and character art assets and animations.
- Develop and script AI and enemy monster behavior, and encounters.
- User Interface programming and design.
- One or more shipped gaming titles, especially in VR.
- 5 years of work experience.
- Strong, Unity engine experience.
- Advanced C# programming skills.
- Experience developing on network game architectures
- Real, demonstrable passion for videogames and VR.
- Experience with graphics APIs and shader languages.
- Understand game design and theory.
- SpatialOS or Unity ECS development experience.
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features.
- Technical Art pipeline experience, importing, optimizing, working with environment and character artists.
- Experience in game physics, game AI, game security, or netcode.
- Anime nerds, sci-fi buffs, game freaks, and fantasy geeks welcome!
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.