Lead Environment 3D
Long term position
The Lead Environment:
- Is both manager and artist.
- Has a strong eye for AAA visual quality and leads by example, providing artists with the feedback and opportunities needed to improve their technical & professional skills.
- Driven by excellence, learns, shares, and transfers knowledge and passion to achieve and improve the creative vision.
- Collaborates with directors, producers, and other development partners to define project goals and action plans.
- Collaborates with Project and Art Producers to identify and resolve art workflow and staffing issues.
- Communicates vertically and horizontally, to regularly update the status and progress of deliverables.
We are actively looking for an experienced and talented LEAD environment to join our studio in Paris.
You will join our growing team and work on exciting games. You will work closely with other artists, producers, game/level designers and developers as part of an experienced team; where your artistic, technical, and management skills will help create our new game.
- Works closely with Art Director to create stunning environments that keep quality and style consistent across each project.
- Provides direction, guidance and coaching to environment artists for esthetic and technical considerations.
- Works with Outsourcing partners to identify and schedule assets for external development.
- Maintains a clear and consistent schedule in conjunction with the Producers to ensure timely asset delivery.
- Works closely with the design team to construct placeholder level layouts.
- Bug reporting, prioritizing, checking, assigning, and correcting.
- Collaborates with rendering engineers and technical artists to provide feedback, improve technology, tools, and workflows.
- Collaborate with other team members to enhance the visual fidelity of the game world to the absolute limits of the game engine, within the relevant memory and performance restrictions.
We offer you the opportunity to work with experienced and passionate people, in a creative and innovative environment
- 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, and props for AAA games and at least 1 shipped title as a lead in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- A positive and creative force, who is proactive and takes initiative.
- Works autonomously with a high degree of motivation.
- Committed to raising the bar for yourself, the project, and the team.
- Strong affinity for leadership and team management.
- Strong esthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass, volume, lighting and color.
- Experience assimilating art direction, understanding visual intent, and creatively implementing it.
- Excellent ability to take criticism positively, make changes, and communicate ideas
- Expert level proficiency in Maya, Photoshop.