Front End Developer (React, CS:GO)
We are building an automated CS:GO coach to tell players what they are doing wrong and how to fix it. Powered by AI, machine learning, and statistics, our platform breaks down a player's skill into various aspects of the game: shooting, crosshair placement, movement, grenade usage, economy, and more. Through this personal assessment, we generate a tailored player improvement plan. Our web app’s interactive 2D match viewer integrates our feedback to highlight areas of improvement. Through consistent engagement, players will focus their most impactful improvements, and over time become better players.
We are a brand new, bootstrapped, North Carolina startup. We are in fierce competition with other companies doing similar things.
We are looking for someone to own the front-end development of our app. We have a solid foundation in place for you to build on: a cloud-native backend and data pipeline behind a GraphQL API serving our existing React app. We have detailed mockups of our new design and need you to bring it to life. We plan on making updates as more of the analysis is completed. We will work closely with you to come up with requirements and clear goals for any changes to the app to be done on an hourly, as-needed basis.
Technologies and experience required/desired
- Best practices for building a modern data-driven SPA.
- React, React Hooks, TypeScript, and Apollo Client.
- Expertise building a performant engaging UX and polished UI.
- Understanding of React CSS solutions like styled-components and Storybook to build reusable component libraries.
- Client-side user data security considerations including CSP.
- i18n and localization support.
- Git and GitHub collaboration.
- Bonus points: a CS:GO account (Silvers welcome)
We are handling:
- UX design and assets.
- All API functionality required to support the front end requirements.
- Management of all data processing and persistence.
- The 2D demo viewer.
No direct work on the backend is required by the front end developer: only coordination and alignment of requirements.
This is a remote, contract-based, hourly position. Availability afternoons/evenings Pacific Standard Time preferred.
Please apply through Hitmarker only.