Video Editor/Capture Specialist
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
The PUBG Corp. Central Creative Video Team is responsible for developing and creating videos that promote, market and support our game while satisfying, teaching and helping our fans. We have the unique privilege to make content that promotes one of the most heightened experiences in the battle royale arena. We love creating cinematic moments out of thrilling in-game combat encounters and showing the fans what we know to be the most intense battle royale experience in gaming.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a Video Editor/Capture Specialist to work on-site at our facilities in Santa Monica, CA. The ideal candidate must have a creative mind, a cinematic eye and a passion for PUBG. Every video we make centers around PUBG, therefore we cannot emphasize enough that the perfect applicant knows PUBG deeply. Excellent video editing and frame composition skills are also imperative. This is a full-time position.
What You Will Do
Working with the Central Creative Team to perform and complete the following tasks for various media assets including, but not limited to:
- Gameplay Capture: Capturing gameplay and in-game resources for the development of all media assets including trailers and promotional videos.
- Video Editing: trailers, interviews, cinematics, b-roll, sizzle reels, etc.
- Other Post-Production Elements: sound design, mixing, color grading, color correction, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
- Contribute to brainstorming and writing sessions to help develop our content.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
Working with the Central Creative team, the Video Editor/Capture Specialist focuses on the video capture of gameplay and implements the footage into all media assets.
Knowledge of the game is a big plus for us since everything we do centers around it.
This candidate possesses great attention to detail and direction, has a keen eye for cinematography and frame composition, and possesses an all-around skillset for post-production: video editing, sound design, mixing, color grading, color correction, encoding, mastering, archiving, etc.
The applicant must possess a very strong work ethic, possess outstanding multi-tasking skills, and consistently perform in a fast-paced and demanding creative environment.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Experience in playing/mastering PUBG for PC.
- Experience with the PUBG In-Game Replay Editor.
- General live-production capabilities - filming, lighting, audio, green screen, etc. are a plus.
- Strong PC general computing skills, basic networking and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, and also able to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Advanced knowledge of A/V compression formats and codecs, along with experience using encoding software such as Adobe Media Encoder.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Must be able to contribute to brainstorm sessions with other creatives.
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to compose outlines and/or treatments for trailers during pre-production.
- Gaming experience and proficiency with PUBG is a must.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary.
- Self starter and fast learner who is ready to hit the ground running.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off
- 401K plan
- Stocked kitchen with great snacks and beverages
- Catered daily team lunches
Your resume and reel showcasing excellent editing and capture skills and a strong sense of aesthetics are required. Also, don’t forget to include references and anything else you’d like to provide us to help us understand why you’re the best candidate for this position.