Video Creative Lead
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim and has sold many millions of copies, winning multiple game awards worldwide and setting the standard for the battle royale genre. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
We are seeking a Video Creative Lead for world-class Video Content who will be full-time in our Santa Monica, California office. The Santa Monica office is in growth mode and we have the desire to create a world-class creative team that will help define PUBG’s creative strategy and execution moving forward.
We're a team of passionate gamers that are looking to add a squad member who will help lead the video team and help drive the future look and feel of the PUBG brand. If you are passionate about video content and have a hankering for chicken dinners, then this may be the place for you!
- Creative planning and producing of AAA-standard video content, including but not limited to trailers, live-action videos, and short-form clips
- Lead a team of video producers, editors, and capture artists, overseeing the day-to-day operations and tasks to ensure a shared distribution and balance of workload
- Collaborate closely with other Leads and Project Managers, overseeing multiple video projects and production schedules
- Oversee and work hands-on with the video creative teams, giving effective creative direction and feedback and/or not afraid to jump into a build and get your hands dirty capturing
- Seek, setup, and maintain partnership deals with appropriate production agencies according to new/current video's style
- Serve as a creative expert on AAA-standard video content and quality, for both team members and other Leads
- Lead and/or participate in the recruitment of new team members and performance evaluation of current members
- Proactively improve on and/or propose new plans for upcoming videos based on Marketing Needs, User Engagement, and Community Interest
- Work closely with Publishing/Marketing Teams to plan video release schedules and establish appropriate Messaging and Calls to Action
- Passionate PUBG Player
- Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills and ability to use reference materials
- Must be highly flexible and adept at juggling multiple projects under tight production schedules.
- Proven creative and managerial ability to take project from conception to completion, either directly in-house or partnered with an agency
- Comprehensive management ability such as securing production, contracts, evaluations
- Working knowledge and skills in video editing, motion graphics, sound design and image editing programs
- High standards in regards to content quality and professionalism
- Takes responsibility for the management of the team's schedule and operations
- Open-minded and able to collaborate with global creative team leads and members in Korea HQ
- Total 10+ years of full-time job experience in the Video Game, Creative Agency, or Entertainment industry
- 5+ years of creative management and/or leadership experience required
- 3+ years of video producing, editing and/or directing experience required
- Management experience from a top-tier video production agency preferred
- Experience in game analysis content production
- Open-mindedness to work and collaborate in a multicultural environment
- Being bi-lingual in Korean/English is a plus
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Weekly Grubhub lunch stipend
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.