Senior Researcher – Business Insights
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim and has sold many millions of copies, winning multiple game awards worldwide and setting the standard for the battle royale genre. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
We are seeking a Researcher to join our Business Insights team that oversees the overall growth of PUBG and the development of initiatives that align with PUBG Corp’s strategic priorities. We are a passionate team that is looking to add a squad member who is a highly organized and business savvy individual with outstanding analytical and communication skills. This position sits full-time in our Santa Monica, California location.
- Design, execute, and analyze research studies to determine user needs/unmet needs, to improve user experience
- Partner with various teams to conduct studies to deliver development and leadership teams with insights to better understand PUBG users and their gameplay behaviors
- Put together quantitative and qualitative studies that will influence the development of new game features/content
- Develop research studies to evaluate the game and brand’s current positioning and future direction to maintain market leadership
- Stand before key stakeholders to clearly present concise findings and implications based on a comprehensive research scope including internal and primary data
- Support regional and global leadership by taking research insights and putting together compelling narratives with actionable recommendations that meet business needs
- 5+ years of quantitative and qualitative market research experience, preferably in the gaming industry
- Experience in determining appropriate quantitative and qualitative research techniques to fulfill the main objectives
- Ability to handle the end to end research process – design to analysis
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Strong collaboration skills with a proven ability to identify stakeholder requirements and manage expectations
- Solid written, verbal communication, and analytical skills required
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Experience with online research tools, and specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Affinity for PUBG and avid player
- Bilingual English / Korean
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Free lunch and fully stocked kitchen
- Gaming industry incentive trip after your first year paid for by the company
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and happy hours throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.