Senior Lighting Artist
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
Our Madison, WI office is seeking a Senior Lighting Artist to take on a leadership role in creating exceptional environmental lighting. We are a small, multi-disciplinary team pioneering maps, modes, and experiences for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, including our latest seasonal offering "Karakin".
- Create realistic, calibrated, and high-performing lighting for our large open-world maps.
- Work with our Senior Rendering Engineer to proactively fix and improve our lighting and rendering
- Collaborate effectively with art direction and design to preserve their vision, from concept to completion.
- Use your experience to find creative and technically-sound ways to raise the quality of our lighting and materials.
- Work effectively with all members of the team, sharing development knowledge and developing best practices, and mentoring more junior developers.
- Six (6) or more years of demonstrated experience creating realtime lighting for games.
- Experience shipping games on Xbox or Playstation platforms.
- Great knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR) and lighting
- Expert level understanding of material authoring for physically-based rendering pipelines
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Expert level understanding of global lighting, color grading, and post effects rendering.
- Experience with Substance, DaVinci Resolve or other color grading tools a plus
- Deep understanding of composition, color theory and lighting.
- Ability to take direction well and provide constructive and well-articulated feedback to improve art quality
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Competitive amount of Paid Time Off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Video Game Budget of $300/year
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking downtown Madison, WI
- Gaming industry incentive trip after your first year paid for by the company
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and events throughout the year
Please send a copy of your resume and a link to a portfolio website of your professional work. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.