Senior Core Engineer
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Implement system-level and gameplay-supporting systems
- Optimize game code and systems
- Mentor less experienced engineers
- Collaborate with technology director/architect on technical design and feature roll out
- Work with team leads and other engineers to identify systems in need of maintenance, optimization, or refactoring
- Coordinate with leads to ensure smooth roll out of new features
- Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship
- Create and maintain technical design documents
- 7+ years programming experience as core engineer or equivalent for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, Unreal or Similar
- Excellent multi-threaded programming techniques
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Deep understanding of low-level optimizations and core subsystems, memory management, cross-platform development
- Strong experience on several major platforms (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills Ability to be self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Experience with technical requirement certification (Sony, Microsoft, etc.)
- Experience on the new generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Knowledge in 3D math Fluency in processor-specific and SIMD programming