(Closed) IP Franchise Manager
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim and has sold many millions of copies, winning multiple game awards worldwide and setting the standard for the battle royale genre. Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
Our company has already positioned itself as popular game IP across the globe. We plan to bolster PUBG game IP into more comprehensive IP that goes beyond the boundaries of the game industry. We have been leveraging PUBG IP to create and add depth to the lore and new titles, and we are looking for someone who can join us on our way to becoming leading global IP. We are seeking an IP Franchise Manager who will work full-time in our Santa Monica office. The right candidate will leverage proven IP management skills and become a vital leader in the development of our creative strategy. This position reports to our Global Head of Creative and is a great opportunity to bridge the gap between the gaming industry, the entertainment industry and eventually consumer goods.
- Strategically classify and manage various types of PUBG IP (lore, game, Esports, etc.)
- Review, decide and manage all types of proposals related to PUBG IP (IP partnership management)
- Review other companies or partners’ requests for PUBG IP usage / collaboration and handle relevant communications with them
- Communicate with related companies (KRAFTON, Tencent) regarding IP usage - acting as a communication bridge
- Communicate with PUBG’s major teams (dev, regional biz) regarding IP
- Closely cooperate with IP development (production) teams within Dept.
- Enthusiastic PUBG fan
- Passion and faith that PUBG can grow into leading global IP
- 3+ years of experience in IP franchise management for an entertainment or gaming company
- Experience in global IP management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Being bi-lingual in Korean (Hangul) or Mandarin (either language is a plus). Cantonese also useful!
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Unlimited time off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Daily lunch stipend to local food hall and fully stocked kitchen for snacks/drinks
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and happy hours throughout the year
PUBG Santa Monica is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the Company will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to apply for an open position, perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the HR Talent team at PUBG Santa Monica, to begin the interactive process.
PUBG Santa Monica provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.