Gameplay Engineer (Animation)
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an Gameplay Engineer (Animation) to help us create the most dynamic and engaging in-game gameplay and cinematic experiences. We are searching for the best of the best - if you're interested in helping to craft epic moments, animating expressive true to life characters and creating responsive, engaging gameplay: then our project is for you! We are looking for battle tested veterans to partner up with our collection of industry experts who bring decades of experience delivering AAA titles. As an Gameplay Engineer (Animation) you will be working closely with the Leads of Animation, Design and Engineering to create visually stunning and memorable in-game moments. The Animation team here at Striking Distance Studios have our own onsite state of the art Motion Capture Studio to give our Animators the advantage of creating animations quickly as well as the opportunity to innovate and develop new techniques for capturing motions. We are creating an exciting environment here, where you will be challenged every day, have the resources to experiment and innovate for the best solutions. Want to push the envelope? Come join us and we can all push together!
- Design, implement, and maintain systems to support gameplay (animation, character, locomotion, abilities, etc...)
- Collaborate with animators, designers, and other programmers to achieve project goals.
- Take ownership of features with minimal guidance.
- Foster a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- Strong C++ skills.
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Knowledge of UE4 and specially its animation systems.
- 2+ years of industry experience, preferably in integrating animation feature for gameplay or similar roles.
- Basic knowledge of various animation techniques (root motion, IK, layering, etc...)
- Excellent communication skills to work directly with animators and designers to solve problems.