Game Capture Artist (Freelance)
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and South East Asia.
The PUBG Corp. Central Creative Team is responsible for developing and creating assets that promote, market and support our game while satisfying, teaching and helping our fans. We have the unique privilege to make content that promotes one of the most heightened experiences in the battle royale arena. We love creating cinematic moments out of thrilling in-game combat encounters, capturing the moment-to-moment excitement inherent in a battle royale setting, and showing the fans what we know to be the most intense battle royale experience in gaming.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a Game Capture Artist to work on-site at our facilities in Santa Monica, CA to help capture gameplay content and take screenshots. The ideal candidate must have a creative mind, a photographic eye and a passion for PUBG. Excellent frame composition skills and a background in photography are a big plus. This is a freelance position.
What You Will Do
Working with the Central Creative Team to perform and complete the following tasks for various media assets including, but not limited to:
- Gameplay Capture: Helping capture gameplay by performing as an “actor” in-game during capture sessions led by our Capture Specialist for trailers and other promotional video content.
- Capturing Screenshot Stills for promotional use.
- Capture Foley Sound Effects in-game for use in trailers and other promotional videos.
- Possibly contribute to brainstorming sessions to help develop our content.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
Working with the Central Creative team, a Game Capture Artist helps bring game capture footage to life not just by following the direction of the video capture specialist, but by collaborating with everyone in the capture session to make the footage look as great as it possibly can. This is why it’s important that the Capture Artist learn quickly, respond well to direction and, when it’s called for, offer suggestions about how to make the work better.
Knowledge of the game is a big plus for us since everything we do centers around it.
This candidate possesses great attention to detail and direction, has a keen eye for photography and frame composition, and has a working knowledge of photoshop since, often times, the perfect screenshot might require compositing several shots into one.
The applicant must possess a very strong work ethic, possess outstanding multi-tasking skills, and consistently perform in a fast-paced and demanding creative environment.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications such as Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience in playing/mastering PUBG for PC.
- Experience with the PUBG In-Game Replay Editor.
- General photography experience - ie, knowledge of framing, exposure and basic color correction.
- Strong PC general computing skills, basic networking and troubleshooting knowledge.
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, and also able to take direction and constructive feedback.
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- When called upon, must be able to contribute to brainstorm sessions with other creatives.
- Gaming experience and proficiency with PUBG is a must.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary.
- Self starter and fast learner who is ready to hit the ground running.