(Closed) Lead Compliance Tester - Video Games
Compliance testing involves performing audits on yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Nintendo Switch™, and various mobile and tablet devices to make sure the standard are met. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the world.
As Lead Compliance Tester, you will oversee the support of console standards. You will ensure that the game meets all the manufacturer’s requirement standards.
What you’ll be doing
- Coach the compliance testing team
- Act as the compliance testing expert for the studio
- Get involved in compliance testing projects on a diversity of platforms
- Conduct independent compliance assessments by following guidelines
- Perform an audit of policies, rules and regulations
- Report compliance issues to manager
- Prepare a comprehensive written report outlining the scope, findings and recommendations of the assessment
- Conduct independent testing
- Track findings and action plans to completion
- Test applications in relation to the Technical Requirements Checklist (TCR/TRC);
- Read, assess and verify return reports from the manufacturer;
- Effectively identify the rules for reproducing bugs;
- Provide detailed descriptions of the issues and reproduction rules;
- Based on the TCR/TRC, write concise bug reports pertaining to the Requirement Expected Results.
- Follow up on the issues compiled in the database;
- Draft reports on the tests that are carried out and update the test documents provided by the certification specialist team lead
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 3-4 years’ of experience with Video Game Testing
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in compliance testing
- Vast knowledge and experience with video game consoles, ideally on PlayStation and XBOX
- Leadership and team management experience
- Client and project management experience a strong asset
- Strong written, reading, and verbal communication skills
- Great observational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable meeting deadlines
- Fluent in English - written and spoken
- Functional verbal French capabilities would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary, paid sick days, comprehensive group insurance coverage
- Office location near metro in the heart of the Mile End gaming hub
- Fun, diverse and collaborative work environment, and free coffee
Who we are
PTW is a global services company that collaborates with video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.