Junior QA Tester - Video Games
PTW is looking for Quality Assurance Testers with a passion for video games.
As a first step in the video game industry you will be testing different titles on a variety of platforms. Are you a gamer at heart? Do you have great communication and computer skills? Are you a team player and is motivated to learn and grow? This is your opportunity to join a global company and contribute to the development lifecycle of some of the most popular games in the world!
*This role is an on-call contract with full-time availability requirements from Monday – Friday with expectations to be working in Studio*
What you’ll be doing
- Test games and software to find bugs
- Follow test plans and checklists set by Test Leads to ensure the game functions correctly
- Report bugs into tracking database
- Re-test bugs once they’re fixed by developers
- Collaborate with colleagues, Senior Testers and Test Leads
- Provide subjective feedback on the game or software being tested
What we’re looking for
- Good command of the English language, verbal and written
- Great observational skills and attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Google or Microsoft’s office suites
- Team player that excels in a diverse, collaborative, and fast pace environment
- Flexibility with availability and schedule
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and bug tracking databases is a plus
- Experience with Mobile Gaming is a plus
- Experience with Video Game Testing an asset
- Functional French language skills and asset
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and paid training
- Potential to convert into a permanent position and/or growth opportunities depending on business needs and performance
- Paid accrued vacation and paid accrued sick time
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Fun, diverse, inclusive and collaborative work environment with regular team-bonding and corporate activities/events including free coffee/snacks
- Work for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and test unreleased video games and software
Who we are
PTW is a global services company that collaborates with video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.