(Closed) Generalist Software Engineer (C++ for Engine, Platform & Framework)
Software Engineer - Generalist
Remote - UK / Europe
PTW is a global services company that collaborates with video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.
All applications will be treated confidentially
- One of the primary day-to-day tasks includes working with a proprietary game engine so, the primary responsibilities include learning and working with a proprietary game engine
- Adaptable problem solver, quickly converging on solutions for a myriad of problems.
- Design and implement tools that will help improve the efficiency of how software is developed, tested, and released while elevating the product quality.
- Work with software engineers across multiple domains, understanding their needs to develop tooling in various areas such as automated monitoring, pre-test/pre-submission, automated failure analysis & reporting, and a multitude of other areas.
Other Responsibilities May Include
- Collaborating across domain teams and QA on releases/updates and patches.
- Automation of releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Strong generalist withf professional experience in C++.
- Exceptional debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experiences in Release Engineer discipline or multiple Engineering disciplines in the software development cycle.
Nice To Have, But Non-essential
- Production experience with game engines.
- Experience with C# or Python.
- Large scale Integrations.
- Perforce and other SCMs.
- Database tool /Visualization plugin such as PowerBI.
- A problem-solving generalist who can take care of any technical task.
- Willing to learn and use new technologies as required.
- Quick learner.
- Works well with changing priorities.
- Thinks of ways to generalize a solution to be applicable to a multitude of similar situations rather than create a tailored solution that works in a narrow set of situations.
- Works well with others.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
BenefitsWhat we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest game clients, titles, projects, and tech in the world.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays, regular team competitions with great prizes; and inclusion into an extensive social calendar. Our environments thrive with collaborative team-work with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme. We empower our people and offer regular progression opportunities to ensure our employees flourish.
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
Pole To Win's core values are imbued across our global organisation Reinforced by our actions and our attitudes. Echoed throughout our approach to our operations and our clients. Exemplified by our culture, and most of all, our people. We build people and their careers. We actively turn to team-mates for counsel, inspiration, and diverse perspectives. Relationships are built on mutual respect. Personal and professional integrity is our guiding principle. We are honest, authentic, transparent, and ethically sound. Our primary goal is to advance our clients' businesses and their customers' satisfaction. We set the bar for generating imaginative and effective solutions for the most challenging problems. We move with speed and agility. We love what we do. We have unwavering loyalty to our DNA, our culture, our values, and ourselves.
Welcome to PTW