European Portuguese Language Localization QA Game Tester
Localization QA testing involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the world.
As one of our European Portuguese Language Localization QA Testers, you will be the very first person to see the localized version of a game – translated text, images, localized voice-over and the rest of the user interface all together. You will get to experience the project first hand before it is consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that the game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localized into the target language and suitable for the target market and audience.
Candidates with previous European Portuguese translation, proofreading, copy-writing or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would be ideal for this position.
*This role is an on-call contract with full-time availability requirements from Monday – Friday*
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other European Portuguese language errors
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to
- Writing reports of errors/bugs found and providing suggestions for improvements
- Accuracy of translation within context
- Consistency of terminology and imagery
- Hunting for missing / wrong content
- Performing ad hoc translation
What we’re looking for
- Native level fluency in European Portuguese
- Strong understanding of Portugal
- Computer literacy – particularly with Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience with using different software and applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English
- Able to provide proof of eligibility to work in Canada
- You are located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Functional verbal French communication capabilities
What we offer
- Competitive salary and paid training
- Potential to convert into a permanent position and/or growth opportunities depending on business needs and performance
- Paid accrued vacation and paid accrued sick time
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Fun, diverse, inclusive and collaborative work environment with regular team-bonding and corporate activities/events including free coffee/snacks
- Work for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and test unreleased video games and software
Who we are
PTW is a global services company that collaborates with video game developers and publishers through outsourced production services. We started 25 years ago and since then, have grown exponentially year-on-year to where we are today. Our history is in gaming, and we are gamers at heart. In our time within the games industry, we have worked on over 1500 titles across all genres and all platforms, including 8 out of the past 10 Game-Of-The-Year-winning titles.
We have grown rapidly over the past few years and now have 35 sites spanning the globe. The PTW umbrella of companies includes SIDE and Orange Rock. SIDE works at the cutting edge of interactive media as a provider of audio services for the global entertainment market. Orange Rock is our in-house game and product development studio.