Dutch QA Language Tester & Translator (Home-Working)
Dutch QA Language Tester
Project Basis throughout 2020
Start date: 06/08/20
QA Localisation testing involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PS4, Wii, PS Vita, DS, Switch, VR and various mobile and tablet devices. You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the world.
As one of our QA Localisation Testers, you will be the very first person to see the game in its entirety – translated text, images and the rest of the user interface all together. You’ll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localised into the target language.
Candidates with previous translation, proofreading, copywriting or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would also be interested in this position
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other language errors.
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to.
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing suggestions for improvements.
- Ensuring accuracy of translation within context.
- Ensuring consistency of terminology and imagery.
- Hunting for missing/wrong content.
- Ensuring the proper date/calendar/character display format.
- Writing reports on errors/bugs found.
- Ad hoc translation.
- Assist with Functionality QA when required
What we’re looking for
- A near native fluency level of the required language and English.
- Strong cultural understanding of the above langiages.
- Broadband, Computer, Microphone & Speakers, Quiet Working Environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated, a proactive attitude with the ability to work productively and collaboratively within a multilingual team.
- A logical, methodical approach with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent observation and attention to detail skills with patience, perseverance and good concentration
- A willingness to do repetitive tasks and adapt to ever-changing technology.
- An ability to work either alone or in a project team, sometimes under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the current generation of games consoles and PCs, and the latest mobile platforms (non essential).
- An interest in, and understanding of the video game industry (non essential).
- An aptitude for, and a keen interest in languages and translation (non essential).
- Meet our Home-Working criteria
What we offer
- You will be working for the pre-eminent global provider of specialist services to the games industry and provided with full training and the opportunity to work on some of the biggest games titles in the world.
Who we are
Since 1994, Pole To Win has been providing outsourced Quality Assurance, Customer Experience and Localisation Services to the Interactive Media, Internet of Things (IoT), Technology and e-Learning markets. Our service lines include Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Localisation, Translation, Customer Experience, Talent Acquisition, Audio Production.
We regularly recruit the following languages for our global Quality Assurance and Customer Support Operations: Arabic, Burmese, Bulgarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australian), English (UK), English (US), Finnish, French (EU), French (Canadian), German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Luxembourgish, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (EU), Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Spanish (Latin), Spanish (EU), Russian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.