Senior Audio Designer - Rocket League
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What we do
Put your audio design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm and help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Audio Designer at Psyonix you are an integral part of the audio pipeline, helping the team create compelling experiences. You will bring your creative aptitude to each situation and help heighten the fun and immersive experience for games like Rocket League. Working within a tight knit audio team dedicated to crafting innovative and high quality audio experiences, your impact will be paramount.
The ideal candidate is a master of game audio sound design, has a passion for game development, and will be both a quick learner and enthusiastic problem solver. In sum, this person embraces the creative challenges that will arise every day at a top tier studio.
In This Role You Will
- Help to raise the quality level of audio in all Psyonix game titles and technologies.
- Engage with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences.
- Push the development of audio features and integration for future Unreal audio engine development through creative design.
What We're Looking For
- Extensive audio engineering and DAW skills and knowledge.
- Strong self-management, organization skills and ability to work independently.
- Extremely skilled at taking and applying feedback from multiple sources.
- Experience with taking a whole game project from initial concept to final delivery.
- Multiple years experience in any game engine.
- Experience with audio middleware and implementing audio assets into game build.
- Capable of handling complicated mix sessions for linear media .
Nice To Have Skills
- Having shipped any AAA titles and have been a part of a reasonably sized audio team.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the video game development process.
- Must be a game player- should be able to talk about and deconstruct other current games’ audio quality and implementation.
- Experience with Unreal editor, including scripting, level editor, animation and linear editors a plus.
Demo Reel Required
- Video file with footage from games on which you’ve worked (no longer than 5 minutes).
- Should you have not provided all work in a clip, a cue sheet or superimposed text explaining your contributions to the footage is necessary.
- A diverse selection of footage including various types of work.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life