(Closed) DevOps Engineer
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are looking for a qualified, self-motivated DevOps Engineer to maintain PsyNet - the online backend that powers Rocket League. The ideal candidate should have significant professional experience designing, programming, and maintaining backend software systems using modern technologies and best practices.
As a member of the Online Services team at Psyonix, you will contribute in the following way:
- DevOps - You will own the delivery, scalability, and reliability of our backend platform serving hundreds of thousands of concurrent worldwide users. You will leverage modern DevOps, SRE, & CI/CD practices to engineer systems and processes that automate/minimize operational toil and drive proactive infrastructure improvements to optimize our operational efficiency.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering/coding experience relevant to at least one of the areas described above
- Experience designing, developing, testing, & maintaining web services/microservices and APIs
- Proven ability to write and maintain effective technical design documentation
- Proficiency in verbally communicating complex technical concepts
- Experience architecting online systems
- Experience with SQL databases
- SRE experience developing and operating web services at scale
- Proficiency with C#, PHP or Go
- MySQL experience
- Cloud experience
- Docker experience
- Kubernetes experience
IMPORTANT NOTE: Evening, overnight, weekend, holiday and on-call work may be required. You must be available to participate in on-call escalation rotations if needed.