ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Firewalk Studios is looking for a UI Artist who is passionate about video games, user interface look & feel, and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You will be responsible for working with game designers, technical artists, and programmers to create attractive and highly usable interface design from concept to implementation.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are personally driven to achieve excellence in both UI art and UX design. You find it intrinsically satisfying to exceed expectations of how a great game interface can affect the player’s experience.
- You are comfortable communicating cross-team with designers, artists, and engineers.
- You have shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish or equivalent UI and/or visual design experience.
- You have a passion for games, find time to play, and empathize deeply with our players, because you are a gamer at heart.
- Great to have skills include: knowledge of any 3D package (Cinema4d, Blender, Substance Designer, etc.), traditional graphic design or illustration ability, and real-time VFX or high-end motion graphics experience.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Meeting with our UI Art Lead and Game Designers to review your most recent work.
- Participating in playtests to see how the UI is working in context and giving holistic notes on the game as a whole.
- Conceptualizing and implementing new UI elements alongside team members and partner teams.
- Iterating on the minutiae of the UI elements because individual pixels can be the difference between greatness and mediocrity.
- Meeting with your team manager to plan your career goals for the next year.
- At least 1 year of experience in game development or similar industries.
- A portfolio of consistently high-quality work within the combined areas of UI design: visual mock-ups, color palette choices, iconography, typography, and motion design.
- Proficient to expert knowledge in: Adobe Creative Suite and Prototyping software (XD, Figma, Sketch, Framer, etc.).
- Hands-on experience implementing UI within a node-based game engine (Unreal Engine heavily preferred).
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.