About Cauldron Studios
Cauldron Studios™, a ProbablyMonsters studio, is developing a narrative-driven AAA game. We are looking for a world-class Technical Animator (Engine) with a strong passion for designing and crafting in-engine content workflow/pipelines to support designers and artists in the production of jaw-dropping character behavior and performance. The candidate would bring their deep understanding of blend trees, state machines, and procedural animation techniques into an environment of robust cross-discipline collaboration where they will breathe life into a diverse cast of character species and personalities.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for games and are excited about our interactive medium.
- You are adept at forming respectful, constructive relationships with coworkers.
- You are thrilled to work directly with multiple disciplines to solve problems.
- You are at home in the landscape between art, design, and engineering, and your efforts enhance whatever crosses the territory.
- You investigate and stay current on the latest technologies, considering how they might amplify workflow for yourself and others.
- You're drawn to solutions that scale and are easy to build upon.
- You are capable of understanding and supporting the unique priorities each discipline brings to the process of character creation.
- You demonstrate resourcefulness and tenacity in response to technical obstacles.
What You Will Do:
- Work within multidisciplinary teams to help define the specifications and explore constraints for animation content.
- Create scalable and elegant in-engine animation machines and data/content structures.
- Experiment with and implement new engine content workflow where possible/necessary.
- Mockup proto content for your experiments where possible/necessary.
- Experiment with and construct pipelines for dynamics, procedural animation, or simulation.
- Sync with Tech Art team leadership and production on milestone goals and priorities.
- Collaborate with peers to define pipeline/tooling refinements.
- 5+ years of experience in game development.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering content systems that yield high-quality play experience.
- Deep understanding and experience with Industry-standard engine features and content workflows.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprint/Animation Blueprint.
- Experience with general engineering theory related to data structures and their usage.
- Understanding of human behavior and character performance.
- Experience with Python/C++ desirable.
- Experience with in-engine facial animation tooling/setup desirable.
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Cauldron Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com