Senior Systems Designer
Who You Are:
- You have experience solving product-level problems with a systemic approach.
- You are a defender of the game experience above all, understand and can explain how every input, process, and output of any given system is in service of the customer experience.
- You have applied your philosophy regarding the motivations for humans to play games in your systems work, including work and reward loops.
- You proactively look for problems to solve through a systemic lens.
- Mastery of permutation and combinatoric design space.
What You Will Do:
- Creates game systems with associative features that mindfully balance innovative approaches with tried and true design approaches.
- Communicates designs often, clearly to all parties, with ease.
- Takes ownership over significant feature sets.
- Effectively communicates goals & requirements to various disciplines.
- Implements, iterates, and tunes content in Unreal 4.
- Reviews game system(s) with Design Director weekly and ensures optimal balancing across the game for player experience goals.
- Skillful at guiding collaboration with other disciplines to find solutions to the constraints and requirements identified across disciplines.
- 5+ years of game design experience, with singular ownership of substantial systems throughout.
- Must have proven success in game development with significant design responsibility on multiple game features across multiple titles.
- Possesses deep knowledge of game design principles such as design theory and methodologies, environment, directing player experience, player behavior, choice and motivation, game progression and pacing, etc.
- Possesses an understanding of how different development disciplines work and how their inputs contribute to feature development.
- Significant skill in communicating design concepts effectively, in written, visual, and verbal format.
- Familiarity with Unreal 4 and authoring Blueprints.
About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game.