Senior QA Engineer
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer, who will be responsible for evaluating what we are building for owned areas, creating test cases, and executing test plans, to ensure we hit product quality goals. This includes building functional automation in Unreal Engine, partnering with development teams to build a quality-focused development culture, establishing QA best practices, and being the ultimate voice of quality for the end-user and the product. This person will be able to use an engineered approach, to dive deep into technical product implementations, and root out the complicated bugs that lie within.
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced QA Engineer who enjoys mentoring others.
- You are capable of working autonomously in areas of ambiguity.
- You are passionate about QA as a discipline.
- You want to build the foundations of QA in product teams.
- You have a growth mindset and value continuous improvement over time.
- You are a customer advocate.
- You enjoy the process of bringing a game project from concept to production.
What You Will Do:
- Write and execute test specs and test cases.
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test management software.
- Document defects and champion their resolution.
- Help the team build Functional Automation in Unreal Engine.
- Work with developers to determine what the highest value targets are during each stage of development.
- Provide regular feedback to the team about product quality.
- Use discretion working with confidential, proprietary information between groups.
- Take ownership of the quality of broad areas of a game project.
- Mentor other QA in your area(s) of expertise.
- Experience writing test specs, and test cases.
- Experience working directly with game development teams.
- Experience owning the quality of 2 or more features in software or games.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience authoring or editing functional client automation.
- Experience working in early product development.
- Experience owning the quality of multi-feature areas in software or games.