Senior QA Engineer
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
- Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
- Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
- Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer who will be responsible for evaluating what we are building for owned areas, creating test cases, and executing on test plans, to ensure we hit product quality goals. This includes building functional automation in Unreal Engine, partnering with development teams to build a quality focused development culture, establishing QA best practices and being the ultimate voice of quality for the end user and the product. This person will be able to use an engineered approach, to dive deep into technical product implementations, and root out the complicated bugs that lie within.
Who You Are
- You are an experienced QA Engineer who enjoys mentoring others.
- You are capable of working autonomously in areas of ambiguity.
- You are passionate about QA as a discipline.
- You want to build the foundations of QA in product teams.
- You have a growth mindset and value continuous improvement over time.
- You are a customer advocate.
- You enjoy the process of bringing a game project from concept to production.
What You Will Do
- Write and execute test specs and test cases.
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test management software.
- Document defects and champion their resolution.
- Help the team build Functional Automation in Unreal Engine.
- Work with developers to determine what the highest value targets are during each stage of development.
- Provide regular feedback to the team about product quality.
- Use discretion working with confidential, proprietary information between groups.
- Take ownership for the quality of broad areas of a game project.
- Mentor other QA in your area(s) of expertise.
- Experience writing test specs, and test cases.
- Experience working directly with game development teams.
- Experience owning quality of 2 or more features in software or games.
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience authoring or editing functional client automation.
- Experience working in early product development.
- Experience owning quality of multi-feature areas in software or games.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.