About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
- Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
- Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
- Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are looking for a QA Engineer, who will be responsible for testing our games, to help ensure we stay on schedule, while meeting product quality goals. Help define and foster a culture where QA uses an engineered approach, injecting QA Best Practices early in the development cycle. Work directly with development teams to identify risk, determine the highest value targets, and faithfully represent the player’s voice. Provide actionable feedback to the teams that are grounded in truth, backed up with data, and ensure critical issues do not get ignored.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about QA as a discipline.
- You have a fine attention to detail.
- You are excited about tracking down and documenting defects.
- You are a customer advocate.
- You have a growth mindset and value continuous improvement over time.
What You Will Do
- Take ownership for the quality of areas of a game project.
- Work with developers to determine what the highest value targets are during each stage of development.
- Write and execute test specs and test cases.
- Utilize test tools such as bug databases and test management software.
- Document defects and champion their resolution.
- Use discretion working with confidential, proprietary information between groups.
- Work with Senior QA and the Team to author functional client automation in Unreal Engine.
- Experience working directly with game development teams.
- Experience authoring test specs and cases.
- Experience owning quality of a feature or feature area.
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine.
- Experience working in early product development.
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.