(Closed) Principal World Artist
About The ProbablyMonsters™ Incubation Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Our Incubation Team focuses on prototyping new ideas, new game concepts, new franchises, and the incubation of new studios with the ambitious vision to create genre defining games for the next generation of players. This is one of those unique opportunities that only happen once in a lifetime. We are looking for an Principal World Artist who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to players around the globe.
Using expert knowledge of your craft, and game development, you will join a project in its incubation to help build prototypes, pipelines, and environment art that enriches gameplay and visuals for a stylized new franchise.
Who You Are:
- Unwavering in your commitment to creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- You strive for excellence and growth in your craft.
- You are a self-sufficient, motivated, and self-aware artist and lead who is excited to build a best-in-class world.
- You have experience and deep understanding of high-quality environment art pipelines, toolsets, and modern workflows. You are excited about applying this knowledge to stylized visuals.
- You are excited about quickly translating concepts into functional prototypes and iterating on those ideas.
- You look forward to working closely with other departments to develop best practices, technical guidelines, and troubleshooting issues.
- You consider yourself a game-developer and understand how your work elevates the experience.
- The prospect of working in a highly collaborative, highly iterative, multidisciplinary environment excites you.
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for building worlds, and your technical mastery of your tools.
- You are committed to staying current with cutting-edge world art workflows and techniques.
- You have a strong understanding of visual design principals, anatomy, and level design.
- You understand the importance of documenting workflows and sharing knowledge.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with Designers, Concept Artists, and Tech Artists to discuss and improve a highly iterative world art workflow.
- Prototype modular building assembly in blueprint.
- Meeting with the Art Director to discuss the team’s work and support them in upholding the visual and experiential pillars of the game.
- Participating our teamwide playtest to evaluate how your team’s assets are playing and to give and receive notes on the experience.
- Build models from block out to in-game polished assets.
- Work closely with other disciplines to bring a visually memorable, great-playing gameplay spaces to life.
- Provide feedback and support on pipeline, workflow, and tools for your team.
- +7 years of professional experience.
- Expert in modern world art workflows & DCC programs. (Substance, Zbrush, Maya, etc.).
- Experience in building sustainable workflows based on artistic, technical, and experiential requirements.
Nice To Have:
- Experience shipping with Unreal Engine
- Technical Skills: Scripting, Traditional Art Drawing, Painting, Sculpting, etc.