Principal Sound Designer
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Principal Sound Designer who is incredibly passionate about games and bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Principal Sound Designer, you will be responsible for creating iconic, visceral sounds that inspire the team and exceed player expectations.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about gaming and strive to create amazing audio experiences for gamers.
- You are an audio artist who pushes yourself to be among the best in the industry.
- You have a refined audio aesthetic with a keen ear for detail and nuance, but you are always thinking about the player experience and are attentive to the big picture.
- You find reward in sharing knowledge and experience with the audio team and enjoy mentoring less-experienced sound designers.
- You can work semi-autonomously with minimal supervision but enjoy the collaborative process.
- You understand underlying audio systems on a deep level and can work within technical constraints.
- You are a master storyteller with sound, aligning your work with both visual and fictional underpinnings.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Creating top-tier sound effects across a wide range of sound categories.
- Collaborating with gameplay and design teams to ensure audio is providing optimal player feedback.
- Playtesting the game for both audio QA purposes and giving notes on the overall player experience.
- Collaborating with both the Audio Director and the Audio Programmer to develop and refine our in-game audio systems and implementation pipelines.
- Field or foley recording to augment our proprietary SFX library.
- You have at least 10+ years of professional sound design experience working in-house at one or more game studios.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have a deep knowledge of game audio implementation tools and technologies.
- You are a great mixer who understands how to generate content that cuts through a dense mix.
- You have significant field and studio recording experience.
- You have a good understanding of traditional multichannel and emerging virtual surround sound formats and best practices.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game.