Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (Lead SDET)
About ProbablyMonsters™ Studios
ProbablyMonsters Studios is a developer-led independent game company with the mission to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional original games while thriving in stable and meaningful careers.
Our 3 studios are each developing an original game:
- Firewalk™ is working on a new multiplayer IP to be exclusively published by PlayStation
- Cauldron™ is developing a single-player, adventure-driven game
- Our RPG Team is creating a next-gen co-op RPG
We recently announced the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, which provides our teams with the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers .
We are looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (Lead SDET) to empower our QA department. In this role, you will lead a team of SDETs that construct the framework, tools and automation necessary to efficiently test a diverse set of games at all stages of development, from concept through post-launch. This requires the ability to build long-term vision for the tools while simultaneously being able to pivot to meet the immediate needs of our customers.
Who You Are
- You love mentoring new and experienced SDETs
- You communicate effectively with a diverse audience
- You excel at prioritizing and delegating high priority tasks from multiple sources
- You can build, manage, and maintain a varied set of tools
- You relish removing roadblocks that your team is faced with
- You pivot quickly to meet the immediate needs of the teams you support
What You Will Do
- Build and manage a team of SDETs working on multiple projects
- Establish and enforce coding standards for tools and automation
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation, maintenance, and improvement of QA tools
- Evaluate and integrate automated test frameworks
- Create and maintain documentation for all team projects
- Author tools and automation as needed
- Manage and prioritize work requests from multiple teams in an equitable manner
- Design effective test tools, and systems, which are used validate games and systems
- Develop expertise with UE4 to ensure testers focus testing on the highest-impact scenarios
- Collect/expose data about Test to help QA prioritize test suites
- Experience as an SDET building test tools
- Experience managing SDETs
- Experience completing at least one full game production cycle as a lead
- Expertise with at least one coding/scripting language
- Experience with at least one tech infrastructure
Our commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.