Lead Environment Artist - Palette
Firewalk Studios is looking for a Lead Environment Artist – Palette who is passionate about bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. As our Lead Environment Artist - Palette, you will be responsible for leading the palette team and collaborating with world art team to create high quality assets used throughout the game.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your portfolio reflects your experience, your love for creating environment assets, and a strong technical understanding of your tools.
- You strive for excellence in environment asset creation, with a flair for both the aesthetic and the technical.
- You are technical enough to quickly learn new tools and workflows and you work comfortably within engine constraints.
- You are well-versed in modern tools and techniques for creating optimized and textured game ready content, with an eye towards the cutting edge.
- You stay on top of the latest tools and workflows; you find ways to motivate and inspire innovation across your team.
- You feel at home creating and collaborating with the world art team and across disciplines to ensure you assets meet the needs of the entire project.
- You have a proven track record of leading, mentoring, and organizing mixed discipline artists to create palettes that support a range of styles in a cohesive way across multiple levels.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Creating multiple types of assets, from bespoke hero assets to entire kits used by world artists that support the goals of the overall Art Direction and Design Direction.
- Working with the World Art Lead, Level Design Lead, World Technical Artists, and Art Director to plan, organize, budget, and create asset palettes.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead and Palette Artists to review their work.
- Collaborating with the world art team to establish Palettes that strongly support a specific visual style that will help drive the Art Direction within a specific area and across the entire game.
- Meeting with the World Art Lead, World Artists, and Technical Artists to review the teams’ work.
- Join a playtest to see how your assets are influencing the game and to give feedback on the entire game.
- You have a deep understanding of 3dsMax, Maya or other 3D package, Substance Suite, and the Unreal Engine.
- You have shipped multiple AAA quality games.
- You have strong knowledge and experience of next generation environment art pipelines, tools and workflows.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience creating environment assets and 2+ years in a Senior or Leadership role.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.