ProbablyMonsters is a developer of AAA studios that unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create original content and exceptional interactive experiences. Our shared purpose is to build the next generation of AAA game development studios where people, culture, and creativity come first.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for a Gameplay (Player) Engineer who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game. You will be responsible for helping architect and build core player systems including things like movement, weapons, and actions in our game. You will help ensure a stable development environment and a high bar for code quality. You will need strong interpersonal and development skills as you build our core player systems with other engineers and disciplines. You will support everyone to help push the boundaries of what our code is capable of. Would you be excited about achieving our goals with us?
Who You Are:
- You have experience developing player-facing gameplay systems such as combat, camera, inventory, and player feedback. Experience with fast-paced online games a plus.
- You have experience working in an online/multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title.
- You believe that technical passion and common decency can and should exist harmoniously. You model that every day, using clear, direct, kind communication, both verbal and written.
- Excited about learning new technologies and practices.
- Have a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: UE4/C++ or a proprietary game engine.
- Have a high level of proficiency in C++ and understand the importance of Object-Oriented Design but also understand the performance implications and when to make trade-offs.
- Experience doing PC and console development.
- When you don’t have something to do, you don’t sit on your hands. There are so many things to build; you’re never idle.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you love games.
What You Will Do:
- Craft pragmatic, reliable shipping code.
- Use social skills to communicate to the team and lead the tradeoffs of different code solutions, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving game code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Worked on a major game title
- 6 years of experience doing gameplay programming