Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
We seek an Engineering Director to lead the Game Client Services team. In this role, you will build the team which will redefine how we build games, driving the process to new heights of efficiency, and to provide direct technical support to our incubation studios. It requires deep experience, expansive creativity, and the ability to construct a team with a balance of focus on a long-term vision and the agility to solve short term needs.
Who You Are
- You relish building new teams, hiring people with the highest standards and integrity
- You can form an ambitious long-term vision and help your team accomplish it
- Your passion is efficiency, every moment of every day should be as effective and efficient as possible. Empowering development teams to iterate quickly and deliver amazing experiences is part of your DNA.
- You understand how game engines work and why
- You chafe at the waste in the typical game cycle and the business environment that makes solving those inefficiencies low priority
- You hold everybody, particularly yourself, accountable to the high standards of the organization
- You measure your own success by the success of your reports
What You Will Do
- Build, from scratch, a team that will help all ProbablyMonsters studios succeed
- Redefine game-making to eliminate inefficiency from the process
- Guide your team’s work, and measure its success, through predefined metrics
- Build a team vision from ambiguous goals
- Create a central repository for all technology, tools, and processes used by the studios so they can easily be shared across many teams
- Minimum of three full product cycles as an engineer or engineering manager on AAA console or PC games
- Two or more years of experience as a senior manager or a director of an engineering team
- Demonstrated experience building and directing a new team