Lead Game Developer - Remote
Pracy Studios is looking for a full time game developer for a fully remote position.
Who We Are
We are a small indie game studio based in Canada, founded to make the games nobody else has made. We believe that games should be built from passion, rather than to chase profits. We value games for the experience they can offer players. After the success of our first game, we're looking to continue building upon the world and story that our players have come to love.
As the lead game developer, you'll be responsible for the architecture, implementation, and maintenance of all things software, with full ownership of the entire software development process – from early stage design to on-going maintenance and optimization. You're a "T-Shaped" developer, and wearing multiple hats is a challenge you thrive under. Whether the task is to implement core gameplay features or to build automated deployment pipelines, you feel confident and comfortable that you know how to get the job done – or even if you don't, you know that you can do the research to figure it out.
- Work closely with the lead designer and artist to build the best possible game experience.
- Implement gameplay logic, user interfaces, graphical effects, shaders, and lightning engines using the Unity framework.
- Triage, identify, and resolve bugs on an on-going basis.
- Build automated testing, deployment pipelines, metrics collection systems, and anything else that's needed to ship a world-class game.
- Prior experience in the industry. You've shipped games before, and have experience in the full game release cycle.
- Fluency in C# and a high degree of comfort working with Unity. You know the quirks and how to best work with the game engine.
- Excellent version control skills with git. You know best practice process workflows and how to manage releases and rollbacks.
- Good working proficiency with tools like Linux, bash / python scripts, and how to glue software systems together. You consider yourself a "generalist", with experience across a broad domain.
- Strong instincts and a passion for making excellent games. You know what feels good and what doesn't, and strive to always put the player first.
- Proven ability to self-direct and drive projects to completion. You can find answers to questions independently, and you're proactive in sourcing feedback and input when appropriate. This is a senior role, and we expect a high degree of independent work.
Perks and Benefits
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- Flexible schedule.
- The ability to have direct impact and input on the game.
- No crunch time. Ever. That's a promise.
- Competitive industry compensation rates.
Pracy Studios is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply, please email your resume and portfolio (i.e. Github link, past game projects) to the address attached to the Apply button.