(Closed) Sales Account Executive
Who We Are:
PowerSpike is a media and technology company focused on building the most compelling and streamlined destination for activating sponsorships within gaming communities. PowerSpike collaborates with 25,000+ gaming and esports influencers to execute premium, authentic influencer marketing campaigns. PowerSpike’s influencer network reaches over 125M viewers every month and grew over 1000% in 2018. The 4-year-old company is backed by Techstars, Cox Enterprises, the Sixers Innovation Lab, the Dorm Room Fund, and Ocean Azul Partners.
What We’re Building:
PowerSpike is building the world’s first Influencer Exchange.
Like a traditional ad exchange, where buyers can place bids for ads in real-time, PowerSpike’s technology instead enables brands to bid on influencers. We’re taking the simple and streamlined experience of programmatic advertising, and combining it with the authenticity of influencer marketing to deliver instantly scalable influencer campaigns. Think Google Ads meets influencers.
Currently focused on the gaming space, our technology enables brands like Intuit TurboTax and Activision Blizzard to launch influencer campaigns across our network of over 25,000+ Twitch streamers, just like they'd make a media buy.
Your work will directly help influencers pursue their dreams and assist some of the biggest brands in the world in streamlining their influencer marketing efforts.
What we need:
We’re looking for a results-driven, goal-focused, and deadline-oriented Account Executive. We are looking for a self-starter who is motivated, hungry, and enjoys working free of micro-management. You will be responsible for bringing in new revenue from brands, ad agencies, and gaming companies who have a need to get their product or service in front of the Twitch audience. With Twitch numbers increasing by 50% in the past month, this is a hot space where brands and ad agencies will be looking to spend their marketing dollars.
Working closely with the Influencer Operations, Influencer Acquisition, and Accounts team, and reporting directly to the VP of Revenue, you will be responsible for setting up meetings and calls with decision-makers at ad agencies, brands, and gaming companies in order to sell them the PowerSpike Platform and the ability to work with streamers. Your work will directly help thousands of creators to make streaming their full-time career.
We value learning, creativity, radical candor, positivity, and collaboration - and as one of the first people at PowerSpike, we’re looking for someone who can help us define our culture and processes for years to come. Simply put, we believe in hiring A+ people, giving them clarity in what success means, and then supporting them to their fullest potential.
- Achieving results-driven monthly and quarterly revenue goals.
- Building a robust pipeline of ad agencies, brands and gaming companies.
- Setting up 8-10 calls and meetings with brand teams and decision-makers per week about the PowerSpike Platform and the ability to partner with streamers.
- Tracking outreach, meetings, proposals, and closed deals.
- Following up on potential and current leads.
- Obtaining RFP’s and creating impressive proposals.
- Attending regular 1:1 meetings with your manager.
- Participation in a healthy sales culture centered on results, learning, and competition.
- Empowering yourself on the best ways to approach your targets and reach them.
- Help build the best sales practices into our sales team.
- Working closely with the product and development team to help reveal automatable bottlenecks.
- Working closely with the Influencer Acquisition and Accounts team to deliver on client expectations.
- Working closely with the Influencer Operations team to create successful handoffs.
- 2-3+ years of successful experience in sales in sales and/or advertising agency within Influencer Marketing, the Gaming Industry or Media.
- Experience working on a team or selling directly to large ad agencies, brands and/or gaming companies.
- Large Rolodex and relationships with large ad agencies, brands and/or gaming companies.
- Working knowledge of Asana, Salesforce, or other relevant task management/CRM platforms.
- A self-starter who is self-motivated with an eagerness to win.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment.
- Ability to learn fast, adapt quickly, wear many hats, and hit the ground running
Bonus Points If:
- You’ve worked at a startup or attempted to launch your own startup before (even if it failed).
- You’re a streamer or have a network of streamers who you know.
- You’re knowledgeable in the streaming and gaming ecosystems.
- Competitive compensation.
- Stock options.
- Generous PTO.
- Medical Insurance.
- Budget to upgrade your gaming rig.
- Early access to new products, games, and services emerging in the space.
- Opportunity to be on the ground floor of one of the fastest-growing startups in the gaming ecosystem.
PowerSpike, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.