(Closed) Director of Influencer Acquisition
Who We Are
PowerSpike is a media & technology company focused on building the most compelling and streamlined destination for activating sponsorships within gaming communities. PowerSpike collaborates with 20,000+ gaming and esports influencers to execute premium, authentic influencer marketing campaigns. PowerSpike’s influencer network reaches over 125M viewers every month and grew over 1000% in 2018. The 4-year-old company is backed by Techstars, Cox Enterprises, the Philadelphia 76ers, the Dorm Room Fund, and Ocean Azul Partners.
What we’re building
PowerSpike is building the world’s first Influencer Exchange.
Like a traditional ad exchange, where buyers can place bids for ads in real-time, PowerSpike’s technology instead enables brands to bid on influencers. We’re taking the simple and streamlined experience of programmatic advertising, and combining it with the authenticity of influencer marketing to deliver instantly scalable influencer campaigns. Think Google Ads meets influencers.
Currently focused on the gaming space, our technology enables brands like Intuit TurboTax and Activision Blizzard to launch influencer campaigns across our network of over 20,000+ Twitch streamers, just like they'd make a media buy.
Your work will directly help influencers pursue their dreams and assist some of the biggest brands in the world in streamlining their influencer marketing efforts.
What we need
We’re looking for a results driven, goal focused, and deadline oriented Director of Influencer Acquisition to help fulfill PowerSpike’s sponsorship campaigns. This is a unique role - your team will operate extremely closely to a traditional sales team, but instead of selling into B2B clients, you will be selling sponsorship deals to online influencers. As a result of this, you will be responsible for figuring out and building many of the teams processes and best practices from the ground up. Your team will be tasked with reaching out directly to online influencers/celebrities and their agents on behalf of our brand clients to close sponsorship deals where the influencer earns money for endorsing popular brands to their audiences.
Working closely with the Influencer Operations, Sales, and Accounts team, and reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for building a team to close sponsorship deals with influencers - this includes hunting down talent who would be good fits for sponsorship campaigns, ensuring sales goals are hit, sponsorship dollars are placed quickly, and that sponsored influencers are aligned with brand standards. Your team will be the first point of contact for many streamers and your team will be responsible for closing these initial sponsorship deals. Your work will directly help thousands of creators to make streaming their full-time career.
We value learning, creativity, radical candor, positivity and collaboration - and as one of the first people at PowerSpike, we’re looking for someone who can help us define our culture and processes for years to come. Simply put, we believe in hiring A+ people, giving them clarity in what success means, and then supporting them to their fullest potential.
- Recruiting, training and leading a team of Influencer Sales Representatives to beat monthly sales goals and generate adoption of the PowerSpike platform
- Setting results-driven monthly goals with each member of your team, and holding your team accountable to them.
- Running cohesive and comprehensive team meetings to build a culture of learning and support your team's success.
- Working with your team to build a pipeline of influencers and talent based on client specifications.
- Conducting regular 1:1 meetings with each of your direct reports.
- Creating a comprehensive compensation structure to incentivize results.
- Coaching, mentoring, and supporting your team on best sales practices in order to enable them to succeed.
- Building a healthy sales culture centered on results, learning, and competition.
- Sitting in on sales calls and mentoring team members on how to best close deals.
- Setting clear strategic targets and empowering your team on the best ways to approach and reach them.
- Being ruthlessly efficient with your time - you should be willing to say no to useless meetings and tasks which don’t help your team to move the needle forward.
- Building best sales practices into our talent sales team.
- Working closely with the product and development team to help reveal automatable bottlenecks.
- Working closely with the sales and accounts team to deliver on client expectations.
- Working closely with the influencer operations team to create successful handoffs.
- 3-5+ years of successful experience in either a sales management, influencer marketing, staffing management or talent agency role - expertise in best sales practices
- Experience in executing and running influencer marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of Asana, Salesforce, or other relevant task management/CRM platforms
- Desire to work in a fast-paced early-stage startup environment
- Ability to learn fast, adapt quickly, wear many hats, and hit the ground running
BONUS POINTS IF
- You’ve worked at a startup or attempted to launch your own startup before (even if it failed)
- You’re a streamer or have a network of streamers who you know
- You’re knowledgeable in the streaming and gaming ecosystems
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Medical Insurance
- Budget to upgrade your gaming rig
- Early access to new products, games and services emerging in the space
- Opportunity to be on the ground floor of one of the fastest growing startups in the gaming ecosystem
PowerSpike, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.