Lead Game Designer
At Pow Wow Entertainment, we strive to create the most compelling multiplayer gaming experience, with a strong emphasis on originality, creativity and a touch of craziness! We are passionate about our games and their potential as an entertainment brand that can inspire players and leave a long lasting mark on gaming culture! If we dream there's no reason to not dream BIG right? If you share our passion for creating unique IPs, this is your opportunity to be part of that adventure and shape the next generation of entertainment.
We are looking for a talented, and highly passionate game designer for our new studio in beautiful Vienna. You are a talented game designer with the ability to design and craft outstanding experiences and content. You love systems design as well as transporting emotions via visual aesthetics, sound, and UX. You have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, strong communication skills, boundless creativity, and a long-standing dedication for games and gaming culture.
- ... enjoy working with a complementary team of professional designers, artists, and programmers throughout all stages of development.
- … take ownership of features and player experience and implement mechanics, design systems, create and balance content to boost the overall player experience.
- ... be actively identifying problems or shortcomings in the game, provide solutions together with the team, create and maintain guidelines and specifications.
- … be the go-to person for design problems and solutions.
- ... put your hands and ideas into the game to achieve top results.
- ... develop documentation, craft prototypes, and deliver final content for specific meta and micro gameplay features and systems.
- ... enjoy coming to work, have fun and craft outstanding game experiences.
- … a game designer with at least 1 year of game development experience.
- … a personality that is motivating and inspiring to work with, described as open-minded, purposeful and respectful.
- … dedicated for crafting amazing gaming experiences for PC and Console.
- ... self-motivated and you have a strong creative identity, lots of imagination, and holistic game design skills.
- … highly organized and you have a very detail-oriented approach to your work.
- … able to write, communicate, and maintain design specs throughout the game’s life cycle.
- … having a decent technical background and overall understanding of development and production.
- … able to work in the EU (EU work permit).
Besides being an awesome person you also have...
- … knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or Unity.
- … a strong interest in all kinds of other entertainment trends and other entertainment media.
- … experience in working with SCRUM and for you a stand-up, retrospective, or review meeting, represent an integral part of improving processes and products.
We are offering...
- … that you will become part of an incredibly experienced, talented and creative team of professional developers.
- … a competitive salary (14 times a year!)
- … 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year.
- … flexible working times that fit your needs.
- … a winning bonus package upon success.
- … an environment that lets you create outstanding game experiences and entertainment brands that will make a difference.
- … a place which supports you to further boost your skills.
- … the opportunity to live and work in Vienna, the city which has been voted as the most livable city several times already.
- … to support the right candidate to relocate to Vienna from within Europe. You will be supported by the team regarding all the paperwork, finding a nice apartment, and generally getting settled so you feel comfortable and at home as fast as possible.