User Acquisition Manager
PopReach is a free-to-play game publisher acquiring and optimizing proven, profitable games and game franchises. With over 120 smart and creative professionals at studios in Vancouver, Toronto and Bangalore, we are 100% focused on making great games available for download on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
PopReach is searching for an enthusiastic and intelligent User Acquisition Manager to join our new Vancouver studio. As part of the PopReach team, you will report to our SVP, Worldwide Studios and will be responsible for ensuring the best execution of marketing responsibilities across all marketing channels for PopReach’s portfolio of games. You will be expected to oversee sophisticated data driven marketing campaigns, nurture strong platform relationships and featuring opportunities, develop compelling customer journeys from first advertisement to initial gameplay experience, drive social network activities that keep our communities engaged and growing, engage with influencers to promote our games and more.
This role is also about integrating with the game teams and helping them identify and prioritize actions that will have immediate impact on downloads, raising the strategic, creative and analytical bar during all stages of game development including early game concept development all the way through to long term live operations. In summary, the overall mandate of the User Acquisition Manager is to oversee or influence all initiatives within the company that drive acquiring new players.
- Leading the UA mindset and expertise in the studio all along the entire development life cycle: from initial ideation to game development and long into live operations
- Raising the bar in creative thinking and execution on all initiatives that drive game downloads
- Driving efforts across all disciplines within PopReach to effectively synchronize all acquisition activities (paid user acquisition, app store experience, social presence, influencer activities, partnership opportunities, platform relationships and featuring opportunities etc…)
- Acting as the main point of contact for the company for all UA conversations between internal and external points of contact
- Setting objectives, developing, adapting and implementing a framework and processes that enable the company to achieve them, then analytically measuring and improving the performance of our activities
- Challenging the team to come up with innovative, customer-driven marketing tactics to increase performance across all networks and platforms
- Staying on top of market changes, identify novel best practices and key changes, communicating and deploying new initiatives when relevant to ensure the continued success of the company
- Hire, train, manage and evaluate the performance of the UA team
- Minimum 5-8 years in a marketing position at a mobile app/game company
- Experience in setting and executing marketing plans and campaigns in a fast-moving digital environment
- Experience and demonstrable success running big budget paid mobile user acquisition campaigns across a variety of marketing channels
- Fluent understanding of key metrics of marketing campaigns that must be monitored and interpreted, to drive go/no go decisions.
- In depth understanding of what it takes to be successful within the mobile gaming industry – good knowledge of the industry and the top performing games is a must-have
- Able to work with a large variety of stakeholders located in several countries
- Proven ability to motivate and influence direct and indirect reports to deliver greater marketing impact – influential and passionate leadership is key to the success of this role
- Able to plan, organize and successfully complete several projects simultaneously and within tight deadlines
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
COVID-19 considerations: We are working from home with the option of working together socially distanced in the office a few days a week.