Software Engineer (C++ Developer)
PopReach is a free-to-play game publisher acquiring and optimizing proven, profitable games and game franchises. With over 120 talented professionals at studios in Toronto, Vancouver, London and Bangalore, we are 100% focused on making great games available for download now on your phone, tablet, or desktop. PopReach is publicly traded on the TSXV under stock ticker POPR.
B4 you apply! About PopReach Studio:
PopReach is a free-to-play mobile game publisher focused on acquiring and optimizing proven game franchises. The Company has acquired 12 successful game franchises competing mainly in the North American game market, including Smurfs’ Village (IP under license), Kitchen Scramble, Gardens of Time, City Girl Life, War of Nations and Kingdoms of Camelot. Our games are enjoyed by over 1.2 million unique players a month.
What you’ll Do at PopReach Studio:
- As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation of game functionality as per Design document and specifications. Additionally, you will provide inputs on design and architecture keeping in mind the best practices for development.
- You will communicate with all the team members to establish a pipeline and integrate art assets, taking into account the game roadmap.
- You will work closely with game designers and artists to enable the designers and artists to express their creativity within the game.
- You will assist your project lead by providing regular feedback on implementation issues and possible improvements to game design.
- You will actively suggest and implement best solutions in the development process and in the game systems. Also you will address bugs and other technical issues identified for subsequent release.
- You will be responsible for technical documentation.
Requirements from you:
- 4+ years’ programming experience in software engineering.
- Knowledge of C++, OpenGL, (Metal and Unity3D - good to have)
- 4+ years’ programming experience in C++ development
- Strong knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns and data structures.
- Good understanding of math concepts.
- Expertise with mobile development on iOS and Android.
- Experience with version control such as Git, SVN.
- Knowledge of Jenkins or any other automation tool.
- Great verbal/written communication.
- Passion for games.