Senior Android Developer
PopReach is a free-to-play game publisher acquiring and optimizing proven, profitable games and game franchises. With over 120 smart and creative professionals at studios in Vancouver, Toronto, London and Bangalore, we are 100% focused on making great games available for download on your phone, tablet, or desktop.
Founded in 2015 by some of the most successful individuals in the mobile games business, PopReach is looking for people who know what it takes to exceed in that environment: determination, self-directedness, creative problem solving, and an A+ team player. If you want to make great games with great people, we may just have a position on our team for you.
The Senior Android Developer role at PopReach is responsible for being an integral part of the Peak Android team while building new features on a well-established Android application. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, which has now been downloaded over 40 million times across the globe. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of mobile technology. 2021 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading Brain Training solution and expand into new verticals.
Your job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Involvement in architectural and technical decisions on the development of new features.
- Maintain existing features, and ensure the app stays stable.
- Use expert knowledge of the Android platform to help guide design, product, and engineering decisions.
- 4+ years experience building consumer-facing Android applications.
- Experience working on at least 2 apps already on the Play Store.
- Advanced knowledge of the Android SDK.
- Proficiency in Kotlin and Java.
- Experience with Agile processes, especially Scrum.
- Experience with testing on Android (JUnit, Espresso)
- Good understanding of data storage on Android.
- Experience integrating communication between mobile client and server.
- Good software architecture experience, OOP, design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve goals for major product launch events
- Document software and processes, and share your knowledge with others
- Knowledge and experience with CI pipelines such as Bitrise/Jenkins etc.
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience with libGDX is a big plus!
- Android architecture components
- Experience using the following libraries: Toothpick, Retrofit, OkHttp, Android support libraries, Room, Google Play Services, Play Billing Library, ButterKnife, Lottie.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
At PopReach, we embrace and value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We strive to grow and foster an amazing team that appreciates a variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We truly thank you for your interest, we'd love to hear from you!