Poorly Timed Games seeks an experienced Production Manager, to help coordinate our schedule and drive production best practices across multiple teams.
Our ideal candidate comes from a mobile or otherwise highly iterative background and loves to turn “chaos” into structure.
- Set up project scope and deliverables by estimating workload and/or resource requirements
- Organize & coordinate cross-discipline requirements throughout the development cycle (production, debugging planning)
- Work to ensure there are clear goals & agreement on milestones and priorities between teams
- Present weekly status updates to leadership team
- Inform the team on the advancement of the deliverables (planned versus actual) and address gaps
- Understand game vision to be able to effectively champion (or question) priorities
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure they are aware of current goals, the advancement of the work and project directions (top-down) and inform leads of relevant information on the work team (bottom-up)
- Work with QA to ensure proper bug management for team deliverables (priorities, assignments, milestones, version phases)
- Work with project leads to ensure development is tracking to project timetables
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate production risks to the team and leadership
- At least 3-5+ years (or 2+ game releases) of experience in the games industry as a Producer, Development Director, or Project Manager
- Strong time & priority management systems
- Excellent risk identification and mitigation skills
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Good listening skills
- Clarity when communicating
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Jira, Git
- Experience in remote development environments
- People management and career development experience
Pay & Time Expected:
Looking for around 25-30 hours/week initially. In Q2 2021, may be an opportunity to convert to full-time.