Senior Data Analyst
About Pocket Worlds
We harness the power of virtual worlds and the metaverse to connect people. We build deep, rich virtual worlds that are social by design and last for decades. Our first world, Highrise, is a creative 2D isometric world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it's growing faster every day.
We're a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who've shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top companies.
About the Role
We are looking for a seasoned data analyst. In this role, you will build out marketing or product reports, analyze data, learn and establish marketing best practices, select and test various ad networks, and collaborate with artists to generate high-performing creatives.
This is an analytical role and will require a passion for data analysis and reporting; you will have strong knowledge in SQL and Python to create and manage data structures efficiently. You'll be working functionally with our marketing and product teams.
This role is fully remote, with preferences for time zones between Central European Time and Eastern Time.
This role will give you the opportunity to...
- Build, design, and maintain reports and dashboards
- Work with data and perform “deep dive” analyses on various topics such as player journeys, live events, user acquisition, etc.
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to review data and extract storylines & trends aligned to Highrise growth
- Identify trends and behaviors that influence performance and player engagement
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to ...
- Have a university degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Have 3+ years of hands-on experience in quantitative analysis and a proven track record of significantly impacting product growth by providing data findings
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases, SQL, Python and working with large datasets
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Have the ambition to own the reporting and analysis functions for the Highrise metaverse
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex data clearly
- Experience as a team lead, or you have aspirations to build and lead a team in the future
- Experience with data analytics for a mobile app or mobile gaming products
- Familiarity with technologies such as Amplitude, AWS, Redshift to build and optimize production data pipelines
- Understanding of machine learning, data science
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Grasp and identify gaps in our analytics infrastructure
- Get familiar with Product and Marketing (UA) processes and their data requirements
- Get to know the product and marketing teams, as well as understand their analytics needs
- Begin working with product and marketing to craft questions and answer them with data
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Take ownership of data infrastructure for analytics
- Proactively utilize data and present the finding to Product and Marketing teams
- Suggest actionable points for improving the product and marketing efforts
- Help structure and build the first Data Team
- Home office stipend. Haven't worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
- Competitive salaries and significant equity.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important - we encourage you to take the time you need.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.